Our Fantastic Photography Toolbox
Photo via Good Free Photos
Ever wondered what equipment a photographer carries with them? Our photography toolbox list hopefully offers some insight into what it takes to be a professional photographer. As with anything, it takes a lot more than expensive equipment to produce beautiful wedding photographs. However, having that professional equipment offers a level of performance and capabilities that lower-level gear does not. Here is our list of professional equipment. Besides the equipment listed, we have a full set of backdrop stands, backdrops, and miscellaneous equipment.
OUR CAMERA SYSTEMS
Our list starts with camera bodies. We only use high-performing camera bodies that are ideally suited for top of the line photographs. The Canon R5 Mirrorless is the workhorse of photographers across the world. Recording to two separate cards, the R5 ensures that no matter what happens on one card, all your images are safe as they also exist on the backup card. The new system features intelligent eye tracking so that as you walk, the camera maintains perfect focus on you. At an incredible 45 Megapixel, the R5 offers some of the highest resolution in any camera. Our backup camera, the Canon 5D Mark III is still used by many of the best photographers in the world. It is an incredible camera that was our primary body for several years. With this camera line-up, you can be sure that your images are of the highest quality.
- Primary camera body: Canon R5
- Backup camera body: Canon 5D Mark III
- Photobooth camera body: Canon Rebel XSi
Our lens collection consists of high-end lens all designed for working in low light conditions, perfect for a wedding ceremony or corporate speaking session. The use of telephoto lenses also means that we can stay stationary and zoom in or out for the ideal shot. This is one of the ways we ensure that we are not disruptive during your event.
- Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM Telephoto Lens
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM Telephoto Lens
- Canon 50mm f/1.8 ‘Prime’ Portrait Lens
We are equipped with a full array of lighting equipment and remote triggering systems. The majority of our systems are battery powered to eliminate power cords running across your floor. They are also remote-controlled…to keep us from running across your floor.
- Godox AD200 Pro
- Godox TT685C Speedlight
- Godox XPRO-C Multi-Channel Radio Trigger
- Yongnuo YN600EX-RT II Speedlight
- Yongnuo YN-E3-RT Multi-Channel Radio Trigger
- An assortment of studio lights as well as handheld lights
OUR PHOTOGRAPHY ACCESSORIES
We have a wide variety of gear designed to help bring out the best of our camera and lighting systems. From light meters, which help ensure lights are calibrated perfectly for your space, to specially designed filters that control how much light enters the camera.
- Sekonic L-358 Flash Light Meter
- Evecase extra-large gear backpack
- Macro-tubes of varying lengths
- Tiffen Neutral Density 0.9 Filters
- Tiffen Ultra-Violet Filters
- Geekoto Professional 77” ball-head Tripod
- Multiple light-stands ranging from 7 feet to 10 feet
- 5 in 1 portable reflector
- Rapid Pro Parabolic Softbox
- Rapid Speedlight Softbox
- MagMod Light Modifier System
Once your images have been captured, we ensure that they are treated with the utmost respect and protection. Our dual-drive laptop ensures that we can work quickly as we edit each photo. Likewise, our 18 button mouse ensures that the common keyboard shortcuts are accessed even quicker with the press of a button. Finally, our NAS storage system ensures that there is always a backup of your images.
- ASUS Vivobook Pro 17 Dual Drive Laptop
- Red Dragon M908 – 18 Button Mouse
- DataColor Spyder Screen Calibration System
- Synology 2 Bay Network Attached Storage System
OUR PHOTOGRAPHY SOFTWARE
We utilize business subscriptions to the world’s leading photo management and editing software programs. Having the subscription ensures that we always have the latest versions of the software.
- Adobe Lightroom (Business Subscription)
- Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud (Business Subscription)
- ShootProof Gallery Hosting and Protection
As you can see, it takes more than just having a nice camera to offer a professional level of service. Our photography toolbox section is a rough list of the equipment each of our photographers has. While the list will differ as to the brands and quantities, our photographers all utilize professional equipment to ensure the best of service.
So, which vendors do we use when we are in need of equipment? If you are in need of camera gear, we highly recommend these great vendors
- StrobePro Studio Lighting
- Saneal Camera
- The Camera Store
- MagMod Light Modifiers
- SleekLens Lightroom Actions
Patton Photography is a professional photography studio based out of Calgary, Alberta. Our signature style offers a clean and modern look to your photographs while maintaining a look that is romantic and whimsical. Contact us anytime to sit down over coffee for a stress-free conversation.